Food and Drink
Enjoy the bounty of nature from the local farms, coffee roasters, breweries and wineries near Discovery Bay. The guides below to weekly farmer's markets are especially helpful in planning those hunt-and-gathering outings!
Natural Food Groceries
- The Food Co-op
- Port Townsend. A grocery store offering organic foods at reasonable prices. The also have some great bakery items.
- Sunny Farms Country Store
- Sequim. A great place to spend a little time. Sunny Farms has great produce, fresh meat and seafood , and fresh butter and cream cheese. They also carry natural supplements and cosmetics. Good nursery attached with spectacular hanging baskets.
- Jefferson County Virtual Farm Tour
- A great way to learn about local farms. A good outing for the whole family.
- Port Townsend Farmers Market
- Port Townsend - Saturdays. Just what you would expect from a great outdoor farmers market! Vegetables, farm and dairy products, bakery goods, coffee, wine, hard cider, crafts, music etc.
- Chimacum Farmers Market
- Chimacum - Sundays. Slightly smaller market than Port Townsend but great food and crafts.
It also has the advantage of being in the parking lot of the Chimacum Corner Store. That makes for a great day of shopping!
- Sequim Farmers and Artisans Market
- Sequim - Saturdays. May through October. More like a street fair. Lots of entertainment plus local food and craft vendors in downtown Sequim. Walk to all your other errands as well.
- Port Angeles Farmers Market
- Port Angeles - Saturdays. Year round fresh food - produce, dairy, meat, flowers and more. Bring home everything you need for dinner plus flowers fort he table!
- Red Dog Farm
- Chimacum. Year round, seven days a week. Organic produce at the source. You can participate in CSA boxes and plan your meals around the produce that arrives in your weekly box.
- Rain shadow
- Sequim. Family owned business roasting great coffee.
- Sunrise Coffee Company
- Port Townsend. Coffee roasters extraordinaire! A coffee shop in the boatyard gives you lots to look at. Great drinks and greater on their coffee bags.
- Port Townsend Vineyards
- Port Townsend. This winery sports a beautiful tasting room with both antique and modern beauty. Located at the entrance to Port Townsend, it can make a great beginning end to your day.
- FairWinds Winery
- Port Townsend. This winery features wine made from fruits sourced from Washington’s Yakima Valley making this truly a Washington local product.
- Eaglemount Winery and Cidery
- Port Townsend. This is a great place to sample both wines and ciders from the Olympic Peninsula. You’ll find something meet everyone’s taste.
- Finn River Farm & Cidery
- Chimacum. The cider offers tastings as well as a great venue for snacks and music. It’s a wonderful place to spend a lazy afternoon.
- Marrowstone Vineyards
- Marrowstone Island. Scenic beauty and wine all wrapped up in one place. Enjoy vistas of Whidbey Island, the Puget Sound and the Cascade Mountains while tasting wines.
- Wind Rose Cellars
- Sequim. Beer, wine, art, snacks etc. To enjoy live music go Friday and Saturday nights or Wednesday afternoon.
- Olympic Cellars
- Port Angeles. Let’s hear it for the ladies. Owned and operated by women. They also have a summer music series.
- Camaraderie Cellars
- Port Angeles. They pride themselves in making wines that stand up to food. Pair with your favorite dinner.
- Harbinger Winery
- Port Angeles. Small winery making wines to drink now. Hang out with friends at their small tasing room.
- Hurricane Hills Winery
- Port Angeles. These wines are only available at the winery. Wines vary from dry to sweet and include unusual flavor combinations.
- Port Townsend Brewing
- Port Townsend. A great place to socialize with friends, quaff a few brews, and listen to music.
- Discovery Bay Brewing
- Port Townsend. Just the place for the whole family. Kids are welcome. Enjoys games, music and beer.
- Barhop Brewing
- Port Angeles. Pizza and hand-crafted beer!
- Hood Canal Brewery
- Kingston. Lots of local beer on tap! They also carry Finnriver cider.
- Rainy Daze Brewing Company
- Poulsbo. If flavored beer is your passion, this is the place for you. Some things just beg to be tinkered with. Flavors are one of them.